Raise your hand if you love desserts? “Me, me, me” do we hear you say? Well don’t worry, we’ve got you and we’re here with two delicious, mouthwatering desserts that you can enjoy anytime you like – without having the worry of working it off in the gym or adding too many eye-rolling calories to your daily intake. For those with a sweet tooth, or those who prefer their family members to stay away from naughty nibbles – take a look at these scrumptious desserts that will leave you more than satisfied.
“There is no better way to bring people together than with desserts” – Gail Simmons
Bloomin’ Grilled Apples
This tasty apple dessert is to die for and is the perfect not-so-naughty treat that will fill you with warmth as the colder months draw in. Here’s what you need:
4 apples | 2 tbsp. melted butter | 1 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar | 1/2 c. caramel, plus more for drizzling | 1/3 c. chopped pecans | Vanilla ice cream, for serving
And here’s how:
• Slice off the top ¼ of the apples and scoop out cores
• Using a paring knife, make a deep cut around the center of the apple
• Flip over apples and make narrow cuts all around, making sure to not cut through the bottom. In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and cinnamon-sugar. Brush apples all over with mixture, then fill center with caramel and pecans
• Wrap apples in foil and grill until tender, about 15 minutes
• Top with ice cream and drizzle with more caramel
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don’t worry chocolate fans, we didn’t forget you. We’ve got this delightfully gooey cookie recipe that’s tasty and gluten-free. First things first, you need to prepare:
2 cups almond flour | 1/2 tsp. baking soda | 1/4 tsp. kosher salt | 1/4 cup butter, room temperature | 1/4 c. almond butter | 3 tbsp. honey | 1 large egg | 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract | 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a hand mixer, add butter, almond butter, honey, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined.
• Fold in chocolate chips, then add tablespoonfuls of batter to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt.
• Bake until edges are golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
Ok, now go and feed your soul. Bon Appetit!