We’ve got another delicious recipe for you in celebration of National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day #PumpkinCheesecakeDay – yes, it is an actual thing and fall is the perfect time for us to add pumpkin to everything! Cheesecake is one of our beloved desserts and we cannot wait for you to try out this recipe.
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe is easy to do and taste divine. Imagine the tastiest cheesecake combined with your favorite pumpkin pie. This is the perfect fall dessert that will warm your stomach and make your house smell delightful. Try it for yourself –
Things you will need:
The Crust: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs from about 12 whole graham crackers | 6 Tbsp 3/4 stick melted, unsalted butter | 1 Tbsp sugar | 1/2 tsp cinnamon
The Filling: 3 8-ounces each packages cream cheese, room temperature | 1 1/2 cups about 9 oz by weight packed light brown sugar | 15 oz can pumpkin pie mix | 4 large eggs | 1/4 cup sour cream | 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour | 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice | 1/4 tsp salt | 1 Tbsp real vanilla extract
Optional Toppings: 1 cup of cold heavy cream beat with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp rum or vanilla | Pumpkin pie spice to dust | Toasted pecans | Caramel sauce
How to Make the Crust: Preheat Oven to 350˚F.
• Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form
• In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 6 Tbsp melted butter
• Transfer into a 9-inch springform pan with 3″ tall walls and use a large spoon to press crumbs into the bottom of your springform pan, and going about 1/2″ up the sides of the pan
• Bake at 350˚F for 8 minutes
• Remove from oven and cool to room temp
How to make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the 3 packages of softened cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar on med speed until light and fluffy and without lumps (5 min), scraping down the bowl once to make sure you don’t have chunks of cream cheese. Tip: brown sugar is considered “packed” when it holds its shape as it comes out of the measuring cup.
• In a separate bowl, using a whisk, stir together 15 oz pumpkin pie mix, 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp vanilla extract. Mix until well combined
• Add this mixture to the cheesecake filling and continue mixing on low speed just until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed
• Transfer filling into pre-baked crust and bake on the middle rack at 350˚F for 1 hour
• Turn off heat, prop the oven door open slightly with a wooden spoon and let cheesecake sit in the oven another 45 min
• Remove from the oven and let cool to room temp before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerate
• Serve when fully chilled (at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, or overnight)
• Before serving, carefully remove cheesecake from springform pan by running a blunt knife along the sides of the cheesecake to release from the springform mold. Add desired toppings (see list above) and serve.