This holiday treat combines the taste of dark and light chocolate with the peppermint flavor of the holidays and is a great treat to have around Christmas time. Whether you are making it for the family you giving tins of it away to friends and neighbors, this yummy treat is guaranteed to spread joy. Not only is it delicious its also easy to make, just follow the recipe below.
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 8 candy canes, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, making sure its completely covered
- Place the candy canes in a ziplock bag and seal. Break the candy canes using a polling pin or cooking mallet.Make sure the candy canes are broken up and no large pieces remain.
- Fill the bottom of a large pot with 3” water and bring to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof metal or glass bowl on top.the bowl should be slightly larger that the pot
- Add semi-sweet chocolate to the bowl and stir occasionally until chocolate has melted. Stir in the extract until combined
- Pour into prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes until it sets
- Over the same pot of barely simmering water, place another large heatproof bowl on top and add the white chocolate. Stir the chocolate until well melted.
- Pour over set semi-sweet chocolate then top immediately with candy canes.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Once completely set you can break up the sheet of chocolate into pieces or cut into squares with a large knife.
These make great holiday gifts, simply place the pieces in a holiday-themed bag or box and decorate with a ribbon